Pre Conference Golf Tour
New Zealand is one of the world's greatest tourist hotspots and in recent times has garnered a reputation as a bucket list destination for avid golfers. The past 10-15 years has seen the development of some stunning golf courses, a number of which now comfortably reside within the world's top 100.
With the AGCSA taking its annual conference to New Zealand in 2018, it therefore provides the perfect opportunity to explore some of these gems. So, together with Platinum Partner Toro Australia, the AGCSA has put together a special pre-conference golf tour that will be sure to satisfy those turf managers who are golfing purists at heart.
Gathering in Auckland on Thursday 21 June, the pre-conference tour will take in rounds of golf at two of New Zealand's most famed layouts - The Kinloch Club (Friday 22 June) and Cape Kidnappers (Saturday 23 June). Kinloch is New Zealand's only Jack Nicklaus signature golf course and affords idyllic views of Lake Taupo and the unique landscape of the Volcanic Plateau.
After negotiating the tumbling topography of Kinloch, the tour then heads to the crowning jewel of New Zealand golf - Cape Kidnappers. Currently ranked 16th in the world by Golf Digest, the Tom Doak designed Cape Kidnappers has become renowned not only for its stunning location atop the cliffs of Hawkes Bay, but also its exemplary presentation standards and turf quality.
- Departs Auckland International Airport, 1pm sharp, Thursday 21 June.
- Play Kinloch Friday 22 June, Cape Kidnappers Saturday 23 June.
- Arrives Wellington approx. 7pm Saturday 23 June.
- Luxury coach travel from Auckland to Wellington
- Two nights' accommodation (one night shared, one night private)
- 18 holes of golf at The Kinloch Club and Cape Kidnappers, including cart hire and lunch (hire clubs are an additional expense and you must make your own arrangements with the club).
- Meals: breakfast (Fri, Sat), lunch (Fri, Sat), dinner (Thurs and Fri) and afternoon tea (Saturday).
Cost: NZD $1600 (NZD%600 deposit required within 14 days of booking).
Please note: The pre-conference tour is strictly limited to 48 players and is only opened to registered delegates of the Australasian Turfgrass Conference and Trade Exhibition.
To book your spot on the pre-conference tour, please register for the conference by clicking here.